Are you a pizza lover? If so, you probably know that there are several distinct methods to make it. You can make a homemade one, order from pizzerias, or microwave frozen pizzas.
But, what if you love munching on Totino’s pizza? Is it okay to microwave it? Ideally, using toaster ovens or ovens can do the trick. Nonetheless, a microwave is okay if you want to reheat your pizza quickly.
Expect some pros and cons when you microwave Totino’s pizza. The advantage is that microwaving makes the reheating process easier and quicker.
Meanwhile, microwaving Totino’s pizza might not be ideal if you don’t prefer it to turn out soggy and soft.
- 1 Can You Microwave A Totino’s Pizza?
- 2 How To Cook Totino’s Pizza?
- 3 Microwaving Guidelines For Totino’s Pizza
- 4 How To Microwave Totino’s Party Pizza Without Letting It Become Soggy?
- 5 Can You Store Leftover Totino’s Pizza?
- 6 How Do You Reheat Leftover Totino’s Pizza From The Refrigerator?
- 7 Tips On Microwaving Totino’s Pizza
- 8 FAQ’s
- 8.1 1. How long does it take to cook a Totino’s pizza in the microwave?
- 8.2 2. Are Totino’s pizzas pre-cooked?
- 8.3 3. How do you make Totino’s pizza crispy?
- 8.4 4. How long do Totino’s pizzas last?
- 8.5 5. Can you put a frozen pizza in the microwave?
- 8.6 6. How long do you put a Totino’s pizza in the air fryer?
- 9 Final Thoughts
Can You Microwave A Totino’s Pizza?
The answer can be yes and no.
What makes the answer yes?
Microwaving a Totino’s pizza gives you something warm to eat to satisfy your hunger or cravings. However, microwaving a Totino’s pizza can end up being soggy and soft.
What makes the answer no?
No, because if you follow the Totino pizza‘s heating instructions, you must use oven or toaster ovens only.
Avoid microwaving if you want your Totino’s pizza to have a crispy crust and perfectly melted cheese.
How To Cook Totino’s Pizza?
How To Cook Totino’s Pizza
Cook your Totino’s pizza in a toaster oven
- When using the toaster oven, you must pre-heat it first to 450-degree F.
- Put the Totino’s pizza on a baking tray.
- Bake for around 16 to 17 minutes until you see the cheese in the middle melting.
Cook your Totino’s pizza in an oven
- When using an oven, pre-heat it first to 450-degree F.
- Put the Totino’s pizza directly on the middle oven rack if you want the crust to get crispier.
- Bake for about 12 to 14 minutes until the cheese in the middle melted.
- Use a baking sheet when baking the Totino’s pizza if you want the crust to turn out soft.
- Bake for approximately 13 to 15 minutes or when the cheese on the center melted.
Cook your Totino’s pizza on the stove
- Undeniably, stovetop pizzas are sumptuous if you cook them perfectly. Place the Totino’s pizza on a baking pan and cook it at a moderate level.
- Keep an eye on the pizza to keep it from getting burned or turning black.
- Be sure to use a well-seasoned skillet to get excellent results.
Cook your Totino’s pizza in an air fryer
- Baking your pizza using an air fryer serves as a faster and healthier method.
- When cooking, pre-heat the air fryer to the appropriate temperature.
- Place your Totino’s pizza in the air fryer basket. From there, let it cook for around 7 to 8 minutes at 450-degree F.
Microwaving Guidelines For Totino’s Pizza
Totino’s Pizza Rolls
- Arrange the pizza rolls in a separate layer on a microwave-safe dish.
- Microwave 6 pizza rolls for one minute and fifteen seconds. On the other hand, microwave 12 pizza rolls for roughly 2 minutes.
- Microwave the pizza rolls on high no matter how many rolls you’re microwaving. Let the pizza rolls sit in the microwave for a couple of minutes, allowing the heat to spread throughout them.
- You can put the pizza rolls back in the microwave for 15 seconds if you find them not warm enough.
Totino’s Mini Snack Bites
- Put the 13 snack bites on a microwave-safe dish. Be sure that they are arranged in a single layer to allow them to cook evenly.
- Microwave the mini snack bites in the microwave for about two minutes.
- Check if the snack bites turned out crispy and hot. If not, continue microwaving them for another 15 seconds until you reach the preferred crispiness.
Totino’s Pizza Stuffers
- Take the pizza stuffer out from its packet and put it on a microwavable dish.
- Microwave one pizza stuffer on a high setting for about one minute. Afterward, toss it over and microwave it on a high setting for another one minute and thirty seconds.
- Microwave two pizza stuffers on a high setting for one minute and thirty seconds. Then, toss them over and microwave on a high setting for another one minute and thirty seconds.
- Allow the pizza stuffers sit in the microwave for a couple of minutes, allowing the heat spread throughout them.
- You can microwave them for another 15 seconds if you prefer them to be super-hot.
Totino’s Party Pizza
The Totino’s website recommends two distinct cooking methods only when cooking party pizzas- toaster oven and oven.
Microwaving Totino’s pizza is not the most ideal cooking approach because the quality might be compromised.
But, if you prefer a quick way of reheating your pizza, microwaving can do the trick. Don’t expect the pizza to have a crispy crust. Microwaving your party pizza usually turns out to be soggy and soft.
- Take the party pizza out of the package and place it on a microwave-safe dish.
- Afterward, microwave it for about three to four minutes, and it’s ready.
Note: Defrost your frozen party pizza first. Thaw it on the kitchen counter for one hour or more. Alternatively, you can microwave it on a defrost setting.
How To Microwave Totino’s Party Pizza Without Letting It Become Soggy?
Use stove first and microwave afterward
Microwave the pizza on a defrost setting for two to three minutes. Preheat a large cast-iron pan on the stove on medium heat, simultaneously. Be sure the pan is warm enough but not extremely hot.
Keep the pizza from sticking to the pan by spraying or brushing some oil on it. Wait for the crust to caramelize and let the pizza become firm. Then, remove it from the pan and put it back inside the microwave.
Cook the toppings and melt the cheese by microwaving the Totino’s pizza for another two to three minutes.
Put a cup/mug of water in the microwave.
Place a cup/mug of water alongside the pizza in the microwave, and heat for a few minutes. Use a Pyrex or Corelle mug as these are ideal for high-temperature settings.
Divide the pizza into four portions before putting them in the microwave. Warm them up for about thirty-five to forty-five-second intervals.
Take out the pizza after 35 to 45-second intervals, and rotate each pizza slice. Afterward, put the pizza back in the microwave for another thirty-five to forty-five seconds. Do this again until you reached the desired heat.
Use a crisper pan
You can keep the outer portion of your Totino’s pizza by warming it with a crisper pan. A microwave that features a crisp setting works similarly to a crisper pan.
Can You Store Leftover Totino’s Pizza?
Yes. Stack and wrap the leftover Totino’s pizza before storing it in the freezer or fridge. You can use a layer of foil, wax, or parchment paper when covering it.
Correctly stored leftover Totino’s pizza can last for about three to four days inside the fridge. It could last two months if stored in the freezer.
How Do You Reheat Leftover Totino’s Pizza From The Refrigerator?
Reheat your leftover Totino’s pizza in short increments of not more than one minute at a time. This will keep it from drying out or being overcooked.
Tips On Microwaving Totino’s Pizza
- Initially heat the pizza on the stove and transfer it to the microwave to allow the cheese to melt.
- You’ll need frozen pizza, oil, and aluminum or cast-iron pan, and a microwave. Heat the pan over the stove when preparing the frozen pizza.
- Use a brush or spray some oil on the pizza to keep it from sticking to the pan. Afterward, set the microwave at a defrost setting and defrost the pizza for roughly two to three minutes.
- Put the pizza on the cast iron pan and cover it entirely, allowing the pizza to melt on the pan. This technique helps caramelize the crust while the heat above cooks the toppings evenly.
- Put the pizza in the microwave on a high setting for approximately one to two minutes. Check if it melted sufficiently and turned out to be slightly firm.
- Continue cooking until the toppings and cheese are warm. This method helps keep the dough from getting too soggy like it would if you had merely utilized a microwave.
1. How long does it take to cook a Totino’s pizza in the microwave?
You can cook your Totino’s pizza in the microwave for around two to three minutes.
2. Are Totino’s pizzas pre-cooked?
The crust is partially cooked while the rest is already cooked. Hence, most of your cooking time is for defrosting, heating, and crisping the bottom.
3. How do you make Totino’s pizza crispy?
- Use a stove, air fryer, or oven when cooking your Totino’s pizza.
- Avoid microwaving Totino’s pizza.
- Place it on a baking tray and in the center of the oven track when cooking it in an oven.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until the cheese in the center melted completely.
4. How long do Totino’s pizzas last?
The shelf life of Totino’s pizza is 186 days, meaning you must subtract that number from the package date.
5. Can you put a frozen pizza in the microwave?
Yes. However, it takes longer to cook a frozen pizza in the microwave than a regular pizza. Hence, you must cook the frozen pizza under direct heat.
6. How long do you put a Totino’s pizza in the air fryer?
You can put your Totino’s pizza in the air fryer for about six to eight minutes at 400-degree F.
Now that you learned the pros and cons of microwaving a Totino’s pizza, would you still prefer this method?
It’s faster and easier to microwave Totino’s pizza than using other alternative methods. However, the downside is that quality might be compromised.
Regardless, if you don’t have problems with eating a soft and soggy pizza, microwaving is a convenient method to try!
Microwaving your Totino’s pizza might not be that crispy; nevertheless, it remains presentable enough to serve and eat.
You may also want to use a microwave crisper pan if you want better results!